Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wearing Your Christanity.

We've all seen it- people who walk around with be-dazzled crosses swinging from their necks. Why do they do it? I would hope it means more than a fashion accessory to them. The reason I wear a cross is in hopes someone would ask me about it, and I would be able to share about our Savior and all He has done for me. Other people wear the cross as a physical reminder of the crucifixion and His sacrifice. However, I began to wonder if I should stop wearing it and demonstrate my Christianity through my actions and not rely on a piece of metal to show the world I am a Christian. I came to the conclusion it cannot hurt to do both. I wear a cross for three reasons now: to promote questions, to be a physical reminder of His sacrifice and to remind me that when I wear a cross I am representing Christians and my actions must reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment